Sunday, March 27, 2011

You have likely heard many fact and myths regarding the cause of acne. Some people lay the blame on genetics, personal hygiene and pollution. The setting that precludes acne is a problem with the sebaceous glands.
These oil secreting glands are usually found at hair follicles. The majority of the human body is covered with sebaceous glands. They are small openings that spread across the surface of the skin. They are most dense in the upper neck, chest and facial area. This explains why acne is likely to be a problem in these areas.
These glands secrete our body's natural oil, sebum. This is what brings moisture to our skin. When we go through puberty the sebaceous glands go crazy with production and expand in size.
Once we get past the puberty years, the production of the sebaceous glands settle down.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Susan
I have built a few sites about my various interests. I'm self taught when it comes to building sites and I love it.
View my complete profile

Followers